Thursday, February 4, 2010

Birth of a blog.....


I got this inspiration from looking at my nephew's blog one day and muttering to myself "more like another pointless blog". That night I was thinking I could make a blog, really,.... could I?
Being a rather cynical guy who loves to make people laugh, I had a hard time picking a name..... There I was, sitting in front of my computer, with my list of what I thought were perfect names for a blog such as mine—something fun, original and fresh. I typed in my first choice. “Sorry, but that name is not available,” the message read. I typed in my second choice. Again, the same message. I typed in my third…fourth…fifth…eighth…tenth…. Same damn message.

I was at a loss. Blogging didn’t sound fun anymore. I was ready to hang it all up. What was I thinking anyway? If I couldn’t even come up with a blog name, how in the heck was I going to write about anything worth reading? Then it hit me, where I had my best spontaneous laugh ever, ..It was Dublin, Ireland
Ha, ha. Which leads me to my biggest question in life.....Whats life without knobs and knockers??? For me, it's the perfect name for my blog. And to think I have my knob and her knockers to thank for it.

My hope is that you will all join in the fun at Knobs and Knockers.

No comments:

Post a Comment